LIVING LIFE WELL PROJECT
The Living Life Well project is taking a collaborative approach to improving health and wellbeing by connecting people and information.
Bringing together people from all areas of our community, we will undertake interesting, engaging and simple activities to encourage positive healthy behaviours. These activities will be guided by best practice and scientific evidence to gain maximum benefits.
Together we will make positive changes by supporting each other, learning from one another and having fun together.
Why is there a Living Life Well project?
What does this mean?
Local residents are at greater risk of contracting life-style related illnesses, such as diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Poor health can also lead to/prevent things like:
- Ability to actively play with their children/ grandchildren
- Enjoyment of holidays
- Low self-confidence
What is the Collaborative?
The Living Life Well Collaborative is a group of local businesses, organisations, clubs and groups that together will aim to improve the health and wellbeing of our community members.
The Collaborative will be guided and supported by Orbost Regional Health.
What are the benefits of joining the Collaborative?
- Improve your health status and quality of life
- Activities will specifically suit your organisation
- Gain support, feedback and ideas from other participating organisations
- Help create a project that reaches the whole community to maximise everyone’s health and wellbeing
How will it work?
- The Collaborative members undertake online health self-assessments (see instruction resource below)
- Results are collated and priority area/s identified
- Undertake activities to address priority area/s (see information pack below)
- Attend quarterly Collaborative meetings to share ideas, challenges, lessons learnt etc
Living Life Well Resources
- Living Life Well Information Session Slides
- Living Life Well Online Health Assessment Instruction Pack
- Living Life Well Information Pack
- Living Life Well Achievement Program (for Clubs and Groups)
For further information, please contact the Living Life Well Project Manager
- Name: Cathy Healey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 5154 6604