Personal Care Attendant
Orbost Regional Health is seeking applications from Personal Care Attendants who are interested in joining the aged care team at Orbost Regional Health with casual employment within Waratah Lodge.
Job responsibilities of position will include:
- Successful applicants will be responsible for providing home-like, person-centered care in a safe and secure environment for residents of Waratah Lodge
- Candidates should have previous experience in personal care and a demonstrated commitment to Aged Care.
- The position requires the candidate to have basic computer knowledge and skills, an understanding of OH&S issues and be able to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility and commitment.
- It will also be an advantage if applicants have sound knowledge of quality improvement process, experience working with or knowledge of dementia management and an understanding of harm minimisation for residents such as falls and pressure injury prevention.
- Certificate III or IV in Personal Care
- Valid police check
- At least 12 months’ recent experience in high level, aged care residential services
- Sound ICT skills with experience in I-Care highly desirable
If you are interested in applying for the position of Personal Care Attendant please download the appropriate position description and application form below:
or contact the Human Resources Department (03) 5154 6651; email: email@example.com This will assist you to address the key selection criteria when preparing your application.
Contact Nurse Unit Manager on 51546646 for further information on this position
Your application MUST include the following:
· A completed Employment Application Form.
· A letter of introduction with your full name, address and contact details, job title and job number as listed in the advertisement and addressing the key selection criteria.
· A copy of your current curriculum vitae including qualifications, professional affiliations, registrations, employment history, a copy of your driver's license and the names and contact details of at least three current/recent professional referees.
Certified copies of any qualifications and additional supporting documentation.
Applications close 5pm – 21st May 2021
Orbost Regional Health values: Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Community.
ORH is an equal employment opportunity employer. We strive for an inclusive working environment for employees from a variety of backgrounds. We welcome applications from Aboriginal people, workers of all ages, people with disability, people who identify as LGBTI and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.