Please note javascript is required for full website functionality.

Counselling & Family Support

Family and Behavioural Counselling

The Counselling Unit provides a range of educational, supportive and preventative services for families.

Managing complex relationship issues or behavioural problems is often confusing and difficult, and family counselling can help to develop cooperation and support between family members.

Areas covered by the counsellors include: drug & alcohol, gambling, family violence, behaviour problems, depression or anxiety.

Outreach services are regularly provided to outlying communities.

For more information about counselling, phone 5154 6623 or email

Social Worker

ORH Social Workers provide a range of services for the individual or family groups, including social assessment, supporting social functioning, social care planning, promoting financial security counselling and social communication skills.

To learn more about our Social Workers, phone 5154 6623 or email

Financial Counselling

The ORH Financial Counsellor can help you negotiate with creditors, with credit and debt matters, utility disconnections, mortgage problems or bankruptcy.

Our Financial Counsellor can also help you understand your legal rights, provide assistance with Centrelink, or refer you to other organisations that may be able to help.

To speak with our Financial Counsellor, call 5154 6737 or email

Family Violence Outreach Service

This program supports and assists anyone experiencing Family Violence.

Family Violence impacts on all family members including children and babies.

The first step to stopping violence is to ask for help.

The Family Violence Outreach service can provide practical and emotional support including:

  • Safety planning
  • Information regarding legal services
  • Counselling
  • Referral to other support services
  • Court support
  • Knowing your rights
  • Obtaining safe and secure accommodation
  • Financial management

Family Violence Outreach Service is free of charge. No referral is required.

To learn more, phone Orbost Regional Health on 5154 6666 and ask to speak with the Family Violence Outreach Worker.

When you contact us please advise the safest way to contact you.

Housing Support

Help for individuals and families without adequate housing.

We support people who are homeless to resolve crisis, re-establish family links (where appropriate), to achieve the maximum possible degree of self-reliance and independence, and to participate in community life.

Anyone who is homeless or experiencing a housing crisis is eligible.

For more information call 5154 6641.