A physiotherapist is trained to work with you to manage pain, increase movement and mobility and support you to keep yourself well across the whole life span, promoting education and self-management. Orbost Regional Health has a full time physiotherapist who can provide information and treatment for a variety of issues including:
- Recovery and rehabilitation from an injury or surgery
- Relief of muscle or joint pain
- Management of chronic disease
- Balance, core strength, flexibility
- Falls risk reduction
- Mobility and mobility aid prescription
- Postural assessments and education
- Returning to work
- Pre and post-natal care
- Development of children’s gross motor skills and play
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehab
We also complete pre-assessments for group exercise classes (please refer to Gym Programs section) and can tailor a program to your specific goals and circumstances and have a fully equipped gym for supervised use.
Appointments can be made without a doctor’s referral on 03 5154 6634.