To book a COVID vaccination for yourself or a minor, call the Orbost Medical Clinic on 5154 6777.
The latest information about COVID vaccinations in Victoria, including who is eligible, and wait times between doses, is kept updated at www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaccine
COVID Testing - By Appointment Only
Orbost Medical Clinic operates a drive through COVID-19 testing clinic on weekdays, by appointment only.
To make and confirm an appointment call the Orbost Medical Clinic on 5154 6777.
Before arriving for your testing appointment, pre-fill your information via this link: https://testtracker.covid19.dhhs.vic.gov.au/citizen-prefill
Managing COVID at Home
For most people that contract COVID-19, recovery at home is the best care option.
This webpage from the Victorian Department of Health explains how to manage COVID-19 at home.
Facemasks are required to be worn at all times in all Orbost Regional Health buildings.
This applies to all patients, visitors, staff and volunteers.
You Must Be Vaccinated
The State of Victoria has directed that anyone over the age of 18 must have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine to visit a patient at ORH or a resident of our aged care facility.
There will be very few exceptions to this, such as visiting a family member receiving end of life care.
If you would like to enquire about an exception, call us on 5154 6666.
Remember, even if you’re vaccinated, only absolutely essential visitors will be permitted to enter the hospital.
Visiting only permitted for the following essential visitors:
- Those providing essential care or support for the patient’s immediate physical or emotional wellbeing, including support for people living with mental health conditions or dementia.
- The parent, carer or guardian of a person under the age of 18.
- A nominated person (as defined in the Mental Health Act 2014), including for patients living with dementia.
- An interpreter providing language support.
- To learn to support the patient or resident’s care upon discharge.
- As the partner or support person of a patient in maternity care, or pregnancy.
- Accompanying a patient to an emergency department or outpatient patient appointment, if necessary.
- Immediate family (including kinship) of a patient with life-threatening condition.
- End of life support or immediate family member(s) (including kinship) of a patient or aged care resident whose medical condition is life threatening.
Monday – Friday: 10am - 12pm and 2 – 4pm
Weekends and Public Holidays: 10am – 2pm
Number of Visitors
ORH is restricting the number of visitors to 2 visitors per patient or resident per day
Vaccination status (for visitor aged 18+)
Visitor vaccination status will need to be sighted for entry.
If you have any questions
Please call ahead to check the latest visiting regulations.
Hospital Reception: 5154 6666
Waratah Lodge: 5154 6678
Lochiel House: 5154 6613